Note: Emails do not get sent to
Daniel Radcliffe here. Nor can we
forward your email to Daniel, his
family, or his representatives.
- Daniel Radcliffe discusses 'Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead' & Harry Potter at press junket
- Daniel Radcliffe in first rehearsal photos from 'Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead'
- Daniel Radcliffe set to star in crime drama 'Beast of Burden'
- Daniel Radcliffe to star in London revival of "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead" in 2017
- Videos of Daniel Radcliffe at Zurich Film Festival, 'The Graham Norton Show'
|New interview with Half-Blood Prince Visual effects supervisor|
|News - Newsflash|
|Written by Administrator|
|Tuesday, 23 June 2009 17:27|
Wired magazine has a new interview with Tim Alexander, th eVisual Effects Supervisor for Half-Blood Prince.
Mr. Alexander talks about creating the fire and water for the cave scene in the film:
"There are not enough CPU cycles in the day to capture the complexity found in the environment," says Industrial Light & Magic visual effects supervisor Tim Alexander.
"We did a lot of research on molten volcanoes, which have a lot of heat going on but no actual flames," Alexander says. "We collected a bunch of other references, including flares that burn underwater, and showed them to the Potter folks."
"We emulated all these fire parameters: heat ripples, smoke, buoyancy, viscosity, opacity, and brightness," Alexander says. "Chris figured out that a lower-resolution particle set still had a fluidy flow," Alexander says. "The effect looks as if you sprayed propane and then lit it."